GL-40 – 5’11” Classic Grand Piano
Featuring the exclusive Millennium III Action with ABS-Carbon composites, the GL-40 Classic Salon Grand Piano offers the perfect combination of precision and nuance that will inspire the most passionate expressions of musical artistry. In addition to the wide range of advanced features that made the GL Series of instruments MMR Magazine’s global music industry “Product of the Year” in 2016, the GL-40 features the Kawai CORE System. CORE is an acronym that refers to the way the piano’s strength centers (the rim, plate and underside beams) all focus on one central point at the heart of the instrument to maximize the reflective capabilities of the inner rim and provide greater tonal sustain and power. The CORE System enhances the total musical experience for the player. Play the GL-40 grand piano to understand how it can transform your music for years to come.
Width: 60″ (152cm)
Height: 40″ (102cm)
Weight: 714 lbs. (324kg)
- Kawai’s Exclusive Millennium III Action – Featuring ABS-Carbon Technology with Carbon Fiber
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID) – Double-width Stretcher Bar for optimum strength
- Extended Length Keysticks – For more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert-Length Key Buttons – Doubled length for maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Solid Spruce Precision Tapered Soundboard – Permanently crowned for long-term tonal stability
- Dual-Duplex Scaling – For added tonal richness
- Solid Brass Agraffes – For even string spacing and easier tuning
- Multi-Grip 11- Ply Laminated Pin Block
- V-Pro Plate – Gray Iron with “Crossbone” Design
- Steel-Reinforced Keyslip for strength and stability to avoid sticking keys
- Steel-Reinforced, Multi-Laminated Keybed for strength and optimum energy transfer
- Ultra-Slow “Soft-Fall” Fallboard
- KAWAI Ten Year FULL Transferable Manufacturer’s Warranty
- The Millennium III action
- The Millennium III Action features components made of ABS-Carbon, a composite material created by the infusion of carbon fiber into our renowned ABS Styran. ABS-Carbon is incredibly sturdy and rigid, which allows the creation of action parts that are lighter without sacrificing strength. The result is a stronger, faster action that offers more power, better control and greater stability than conventional all-wood actions.
- Longer keys
- Longer keys make playing easier and provide a more even response from the front to the back of the playing surface. A taller profile and concert-length key buttons make them more rigid to provide exceptional energy transfer and optimum power.
- Tapered Soundboard Made of Solid Spruce
- The soundboard is the heart of a piano. Its purpose is to transform the vibrations of the piano’s strings into a rich, resounding tone. Kawai uses only straightgrained, quarter-sawn solid spruce for GL series soundboards. Each one is strategically tapered to provide the proper degree of resonant movement in each region. Only soundboards that meet or exceed our demanding resonance standards are selected for use in the GL series grand pianos.
CORE System (GL-40/50 only)
CORE is an acronym that represents “Convergence for Optimum Reflected Energy.” Convergence refers to the way the piano’s strength centers—the rim, plate and underside beams—all focus on one central point at the heart of the instrument. This focus creates an incredibly strong “core” foundation that maximizes the reflective capabilities of the inner rim for outstanding tonal power and sustain.
- SOLID (Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design)
- SOLID construction creates an exceptionally rigid foundation to support string tension. First, the pinblock is fitted to the plate. Then, the pinblock and over-lapping stretcher bar are integrated into a single structure and solidly anchored to the rim. The extraordinary thickness of the stretcher bar exemplifies the structural integrity of this sturdy framework designed to ensure stable tuning and powerful tone.
The plate is the acoustically-neutral iron superstructure of the piano over which the strings are tensioned. All GL Series plates are molded using the Vacuum Mold Process (V-Pro) with “Crossbone Design.” The result is a plate that is strong, stable and beautiful.
60 ” (152cm)
736 lbs (334kg)
60 ” (152cm)
714 lbs (324kg)
688 lbs (312kg)
661 lbs (300kg)
622 lbs (282kg)
|ACTION||Millennium III||Millennium III||Millennium III||Millennium III||Millennium III|
|SOUNDBOARD||Material||Solid Spruce||Solid Spruce||Solid Spruce||Solid Spruce||Solid Spruce|
|SCALE||Full Duplex||Full Duplex||Full Duplex||Full Duplex||–|
|AGRAFFES||1st – 54th Keys||1st – 54th Keys||1st – 46th Keys||1st – 46th Keys||1st – 46th Keys|
|CASTERS||Solid Brass||Solid Brass||Solid Brass||Solid Brass||Solid Brass|
There are no reviews yet.